Australia: + 61 390 154 469
Egypt: +20 106 747 6665
Our 16 night guided tour takes you throughout the country, visiting all the major sites so you can fully experience the wonders of Egypt. It's an action packed itinerary but also includes essential downtime to relax and soak up the sun.
Day 1: Arrival in Cairo
Upon arrival into Cairo International Airport you will be met by our representative who will assist you with arrival formalities and transfer you to your hotel. Relax after your flight before meeting your fellow travellers at our welcome dinner.
Day 2: Cairo: Pyramids, Sphinx, Saqqara, Memphis
Start the day with a visit to the famous Giza Pyramids and Sphinx. Stand in awe at the base of these magnificent structures, have your photo taken from several vantage points and visit the Solar Boat Museum. As an optional extra you can choose to go inside a pyramid or take a horse or camel ride through the pyramid complex. After lunch we drive to Saqqara which features numerous pyramids, including the famous Step Pyramid of Djoser. Visit the Ancient capital city of Memphis before returning to Cairo. Dinner cruise with belly dancing and tanoura show.
Day 3: Cairo: Egyptian Museum, Citadel, Coptic Cairo, Khan el Khalili
Visit Cairo Museum which houses over 120,000 artefacts including the famous Tutankhamun exhibit and the Mummies Room. After the museum we visit the Saladin Citadel and Mohammad Ali mosque. After lunch visit Old Cairo and Coptic Cairo which encompasses the Babylon Fortress and the Hanging Church. We stop at a traditional Egyptian coffeehouse before exploring the alleyways of the famous Khan el Khalili souk (bazaar) where you can haggle for a souvenir or two.
Day 4: Fayoum Oasis
After breakfast and hotel check-out we drive south of Cairo to Fayoum which is Egypt's largest oasis and home to Lake Qarun, which was formed around 70,000 years ago. We visit the Maidum and Hawara pyramids and Wadi Rayan a protected nature area.
Day 5: Fayoum Oasis
Today we visit Wadi El Hitan, or better known as the Valley of the Whales, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to the fossils and skeletons of now extinct whales. We also visit the beautiful Tunis Village where you can find handicrafts such as pottery and carpets made by locals.
Day 6: Luxor
After breakfast and hotel check-out we drive back to Cairo Airport for the one hour flight to Luxor. You have the afternoon to relax before taking a felucca ride on the River Nile at sunset.
Day 7: Luxor
Today we explore the West Bank of Luxor and visit the Valley of the Kings, Valley of the Queens, Hatchepsut Temple, the Colossi of Memnon and Habu Temple. Lunch will be in a local restaurant.
Day 8: Luxor
After checking out of the hotel we will visit the magnificent Karnak Temple, which has been given the title of the world's largest open air museum. We then transfer to our Nile cruise ship. The afternoon is free to explore Luxor. There are many things you can do such as visit the souq, take a caleche (horse and carriage) ride, visit a traditional herbalist or just sit by the Nile and relax. Return to the boat for dinner.
Day 9: Luxor - Nile cruise sailing
After breakfast we visit Luxor Temple and the Avenue of Sphinx. We return to the boat for lunch and the boat sets sail towards Aswan. Afternoon tea is served on the deck while sailing. Dinner onboard with evening entertainment. Depending on timings the boat should arrive at Esna Lock late afternoon. It's great to be up on deck when the boat arrives at the lock as the cruise boats get surrounded row boats selling goods - it's a great spectacle to see!! After passing through the lock we continue sailing towards Aswan.
Days 10: Nile cruise - Edfu & Kom Ombo
We wake up in the city of Edfu and after breakfast we take a caleche ride to Edfu Temple which is one of the best preserved temples in Egypt. After returning to the boat we enjoy lunch and continue sailing. Afternoon tea is served on the deck before arriving at Kom Ombo where we will take a short walk to visit the picturesque temple. Back onboard we continue sailing to Aswan and enjoy dinner and entertainment.
Day 11: Aswan & Abu Simbel
Wake up in Aswan and transfer to Aswan airport for a 45 minute flight to Abu Simbel. Situated on the banks of Lake Nasser is the Great Temple of Ramesses II and the Temple of Hathor. The Great Temple is one of the most beautiful in Egypt and remains one of the top tourist attractions. Arriving back in Aswan early afternoon you have free time to relax onboard the boat, stroll through the Aswan souq, or visit the Nubian Museum before we take a relaxing felucca sunset sail around the islands and rocky islets of the Nile. Return to the cruise boat for dinner and entertainment onboard.
Day 12: Aswan - Sharm el Sheikh
After breakfast onboard we check-out of our cruise boat and visit the Unfinished Obelisk, Aswan High Dam, and beautiful Philae Temple. Returning from Philae stop for a walk through a traditional Nubian village. After lunch we transfer to Aswan airport for the flight to Sharm El Sheikh. Upon arrival in Sharm we transfer to our hotel.
Day 13: Sharm el Sheikh
Day at leisure to relax by the beach or take one of the many optional excursions such as a day trip to St. Catherine's Monastery, boat trip and snorkelling, quad biking, camel rides, Ras Mohammed nature reserve, diving and much more...............
Day 14: Sharm el Sheikh
Day 15: Sharm el Sheikh
Day 16: Sharm el Sheikh - Cairo
After breakfast, check out and transfer to Sharm airport for flight to Cairo. Upon arrival in Cairo, transfer to our hotel. Afternoon at leisure before our farewell dinner.
Day 17: Departure from Cairo
Transfer from hotel to Cairo International Airport for your flight home.
Cairo Fayoum Oasis Luxor Nile Cruise Aswan Abu Simbel Sharm el Sheikh
* All airport transfers within Egypt.
* 4 nights in Cairo at the 5* Semiramis Intercontinental Hotel.
* 2 nights in Fayoum at the 5* Helnan Auberge Hotel.
* 2 nights in Luxor at the 5* Sofitel Winter Palace Hotel.
* 4 nights on-board a deluxe 5* Nile cruise.
* 4 nights in Sharm el Sheikh at a 5* hotel.
* Breakfasts, lunches, dinners – including welcome & farewell dinners.
* Transport in private modern air conditioned car/motor coach/4WD.
* Private, English speaking Egyptologist guides.
* Women’s Tours to Egypt representative.
* Entrance/ticket fees as per itinerary.
* Economy class domestic airfares.
* Welcome gift and surprise excursions.
* Giza Pyramids and Sphinx (including entry into Solar Boat Museum)
* Saqqara and Memphis
* Egyptian Museum including entry into the Royal Mummy Room
* Citadel and Mohammad Ali Mosque
* Karnak Temple
* Luxor Temple
* Valley of the Kings including entry into Tutankhamun tomb
* Valley of the Queens
* Hatchepsut Temple
* Habu Temple
* Colossi of Memnon
* Edfu Temple and caleche ride
* Kom Ombo Temple
* Abu Simbel Temples (including return flights from Aswan)
* Aswan High Dam
* Unfinished Obelisk
* Philae Temple and motorboat ride
* Felucca sailing
* International airfares.
* Tourist entry visa.
* Travel insurance – it is the traveller’s responsibility to obtain travel insurance prior to travelling.
* Food and drinks unless specified in itinerary.
* Extra tickets as mentioned.
* Personal items.
* Gratuities and tipping (for guides, drivers, hotel and cruise boat staff)
* Entrance inside the Great Pyramid (Cheops)
* Entrance inside Khafre Pyramid
* Pyramids Sound & Light show
* Karnak Temple Sound & Light show
* Hot air balloon ride, Luxor
* St. Catherine's Monastery, Sinai
* Snorkelling, diving, boat trips, desert safari, quad biking, 4WD safari or other activities during Red Sea days